Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WCF Service References

Today, I learned how much of a pain it is to deal with back-end security and Ajax. Not liking the idea of exposing my data using JSONP I decided to create a WCF service that I could call through an MVC model/controller.

It was a major pain in the butt.

I am still not sure about the security modes as I am very new at WCF but at least I got it functioning. One thing I discovered is if you are disabling security in wsHttpBinding's you need to include this: <servicesecurityaudit messageauthenticationauditlevel="None"> under your behavior and then add
    <bindings>

      <wsHttpBinding>

        <binding name="wsHttpBinding">

          <security mode="None"/>

        </binding>

      </wsHttpBinding>

    </bindings>

under
  <system.serviceModel>
I just did this for testing purposes and will definitely get it changed when I decide what authentication mode I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment